Here attached is an invitation containing details and information on how to attend the IYCK 2021 event that will be held at The UNESCO next Monday (13/09) from 9h30 to 13h00
We hope that you will be many to attend and please share the info with your country organisations an friends.
Monday, 13 September 2021
from 9.30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
UNESCO House, Room XI
7 place de Fontenoy, Paris 7
The program, September 13, Celebration of the UIS International Year of Caves and Karst 2021: UNESCO Protected Areas and UN Agenda 2030
09:00-10:00. Coffee for participants.
10:00-10:15. IYCK 2021 video.
10:15-10:45. Welcome address
- M Ernesto Ottone, Assistant Director-General for Culture
- H.E. Ms Metka Ipavic, Ambassador Permanent-Delegate of Slovenia
- Dr. George Veni, President of UIS
10:45-11:15. Keynote presentation by Prof. Dr. Nadja Zupan Hajna:
A World of Karst, Caves and People
11:30-13:00. Discussion panel, presentations by:
- Prof. Dr. Fadi H. Nader: Safe and sustainable use of karst resources
- Emeritus Prof. Dr. John Gunn: Caves and karst in UNESCO protected areas
- Clayton F. Lino: Conserving caves and karst in biosphere reserves: The Cave MAB network
- Dr. Paul A. Griffiths: Karst and UN Agenda 2030
Discussion and questions from the audience (hybrid event).
The ceremony will be moderated by M. Alik Ismail-Zadeh PhD, ISC Secretary and Governing Board member